Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Wednesday, 16 Februray 2011 - Third Transmission



After a brief hiatus Caffeinated Frequencies is back! I’ve got some great music for you this week – opening with one of my favourite Captain Beefheart songs. As a side note, I found a music blog which takes its name from this track. I had a quick browse through the posts but haven’t listened to much of it yet. If you’re interested you can read more here

It’s Not How Far You Fall, It’s the Way You Land is an album I highly recommend you check out. Many of the tracks feature vocals from Mark Lanegan. If you love your ears you should get all of his records.

The set ends with one of my favourite versions of “Summertime”, courtesy of Janis Joplin. The track was recorded live at Woodstock and can be found on the 1999 reissue of her album I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic Blues Again Mama!.

As a point of interest; this show was recorded and put together using my MP3 player so there may be a slight reduction in quality, hopefully no one will notice.

Potato Junkie

TRACK LISTING

Sure ‘Nuff ‘n Yes I Do – Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band / Safe As Milk

Holes – Mercury Rev / Deserter Songs

Sun C 79 – Cat Stevens / The Hurt

Gravel Road – Clutch / Robot Hive: Exodus

Human Punk – Ruts / The Crack/Grin and Bear It

Paper Moner – Soulsavers / It’s Not How Far You Fall, It’s the Way You Land

The French Inhaler – Warren Zevon / Warren Zevon

Never Tell – Violent Femmes / Hallowed Ground

Black Stacey - Saul Williams / Saul Williams

Miss Alissa – Eagles of Death Metal / Peace, Love and Death Metal

Summertime – Janis Joplin / I Got Dem Ol’ Kozmic Blues Again Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment